Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting pictures put on vans

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:58:11 +0100, "nightjar" cpb@ wrote:

That sounds horrendously expensive, considering I was recently
quoted £269 for fairly comprehensive colour signwriting of Renault
Master LWB High roof van from my jpeg images.

How would that be done? Having someone hand-paint it from an image
would surely cost more in labour alone.

I would be surprised if anyone does hand painted signwriting these
days. My quote was to transfer the designs to vinyl, which would be
computer cut and applied with a hairdryer, which is much the way the
photo images are done.

My vinyl bloke started that way & still does the odd pub sign with a brush.

I get the impression from him that wrapping the complete sides of a vehicle
is a much harder job than applying cut vinyl. It is literally a single
sticker the length & height of the van. Must be a bugger to do + a huge
printer to get the width.

Probably thats why its so expensive.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman