Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 05:36:20 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:31:08 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

I made up this "international icon" graphic to 'splain the situation.
I thought it would make a great bumper sticker...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/proof.htm

Ha-ha! That stands the famous old Volkwagen ad on its rear -- the one that
showed a cartoon of a guy holding a pump nozzle to his head, with his hand
on the valve lever, committing suicide. g

What do you think about taking oil/gas under the public utility
umbrella? I like the idea but haven't quite thought it through yet.

Public utility? What dat?
Hydro used to be public in Ontario. Ain't no more.
Natural gas used to be public utility in many cities. Only a few still
hanging on.
Even our highways are going into private hands - along with airports,
etc etc.