Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default water pump to increase water pressure

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

Mark BR wrote:
Can a plumber give me a simple answer to what I think is a simple
question?
I'm working with a building in Thailand to improve the water supply.
Currently we have a pump and pressure tank that can just get up to
2.5Kg/cm (2.5 bar). This pressure is just enough. Problem is when it
reaches pressure it switches off and only comes back at 1.7 bar, not
enough for most rooms. So we get a varying water supply from a
trickle to a surge. If we leave the pump on continuously we use far
too much electricity.
We have a lovely electric pump, 8 amp so plenty of power, and a
header tank 4 metres above the pump.

Can I just change the water pump part - is that the impeller?

If I change it for a pump that can get up to 3.5 bar is that the
same as a pump that can give a 35m lift?

Machine Mart do a Clarke one that will give - 3.5-5.2 bar Maximum
head (lift height) 52M

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...-1in-stainless
-steel-booster-pum

I've never seen a Machine Mart depot in Bangkok

Don't UPS or Fed Ex or DHL deliver out there then?

believe it or not, you can buy pumps out there, although, it sounds more
like being primarily a sensor hysteresis problem to me

If the OP is posting on
a UK newsgroup one assumes he might be UK based.

he obviously know ukdiy is the FOAK

Or, you could use a very long pipe.....

it depends what you want to smoke

--