Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default water pump to increase water pressure

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

Mark BR wrote:
Can a plumber give me a simple answer to what I think is a simple
question?
I'm working with a building in Thailand to improve the water supply.
Currently we have a pump and pressure tank that can just get up to
2.5Kg/cm (2.5 bar). This pressure is just enough. Problem is when it
reaches pressure it switches off and only comes back at 1.7 bar, not
enough for most rooms. So we get a varying water supply from a
trickle to a surge. If we leave the pump on continuously we use far
too much electricity.
We have a lovely electric pump, 8 amp so plenty of power, and a
header tank 4 metres above the pump.

Can I just change the water pump part - is that the impeller?

If I change it for a pump that can get up to 3.5 bar is that the same
as a pump that can give a 35m lift?

Machine Mart do a Clarke one that will give - 3.5-5.2 bar Maximum head
(lift height) 52M

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...-1in-stainless
-steel-booster-pum

I've never seen a Machine Mart depot in Bangkok

--
geoff