Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eregon Eregon is offline

Default OT Diesel engines

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in
:

What I am wondering is if Automatic transmission fluid could be used
to run the engine. Also if it could, what would I have to do with the
drained used ATF to burn it. The transmission shop would probably be
tickled pink to get a buck a gallon for the drain oil.

Are you talking new or used oil?

If used, you'd be asking for big problems even if you'd filtered the
daylights out of it.

Either way, you'd be better off using Wesson Oil. G

Those who are trying to run used fry oil have to filter it first to remove
not only the contaminants (carbon, batter/potato/fish particles, etc.) but
the Pumice particles as well. [Pumice is used in commercial fry oil to act
as a "gunk-grabber" to help the oil stay "cleaner" longer.]

While the concept of cheap, untaxed, "Green" fuel sounds good, reality has
a habit of getting in the way.