Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Best way to cut glass??

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:08:48 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

I've heard about scoring the glass on only one side and scoring it on
both sides as the preferred way to cut/break glass. I've done it both
ways. Anyone got any real insight into this matter????

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

BTW, the movie scene where the cat burglar scores a circle on the
outside of the glass and then taps it and the circle breaks out and
then he can stick his hand in. NOT TRUE. I'm told that you can't cut
glass from only one side. You have to tap on the side opposite the
scoring, or have a fulcrum on the other side to press against.