Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Junk posting . . .

Walter R. wrote:
Is this what the OE filter should look like?

Apply this rule after the message arrives

Where the message is on alt.home.repair newsgroup

and Where the From line contains '.jpn, .cn, gmail.com, yahoo.com,
hotmail.com' or 'googlemail.com'

and Where the message is from the news-server.san.rr.com account

Delete it

This setup does not seem to filter messages from gmail.com.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my rule:
Apply this rule after the message arrives

Where the From line contains 'jewelry' or 'watch' or 'replica' or 'gmail.com' or
'yahoo.com' or 'hotmail.com' or '.jp' or '.cn'

Delete it

You've got the extra line: "and Where the message is from the
news-server.san.rr.com account". Why do you need that? It's unnecessary as far
as I can see and adds an additional condition which MUST be met in order to
filter. My rule nukes most of the obvious sources of spam.

To further clean house, you'll need to add NewsProxy to Outlook Express so you
can nuke crossposted messages. That's where I really reduced the masses of spam
to a trickle. The above rule got what squeaked by that.