Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] else24@gmail.com is offline

Default A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.

On Apr 11, 6:09 am, BoyntonStu wrote:

Some just don't get it.

Besides, would you rather lose a toe or a finger?

Clarification: The extended handle is at an angle.

I am walking about 2 feet behind the blade.

The trigger is held by my finger.

What I don't get is, instead of building a long handle thingee with a
trigger on it so you can bend over and set your plywood on two by
fours, why not build this table instead?
http://thewoodshop.20m.com/panel_cutting_table.htm

When you've built the long handle with a trigger on it, you've built a
gadget that has one use only. I'm not sure from the description but it
sounds like putting it on and taking it off is fairly complicated
task.

The panel cutting table gets the panel up where it's easy to work,
handles a full sheet of ply very well, has many other uses, is really
cheap and quick to build, and it stores easily.

There's lots of ways to do it and I'm not saying you shouldn't do it
your way but I have to admit it makes me a little nervous, even with
the trigger on it.