Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default OT Diesel engines

Sorry about the OT, but, I do contribute once in a while and this is such a
knowledgeable group!

Many decades ago (1950's) when people talked about diesel engines (lot of
this talk was from 'old country' poor Europeans), they would always tout the
fact that they (the engines) would run on anything. The list, if I remember
correctly included diesel, gas, lighter fluid, heating oil, liquefied lard,
charcoal lighter, veggie oil etc., etc., etc.

If any of the above is true, why don't people, today, put gasoline into
their diesel engines, considering the higher cost of diesel fuel?

Just want to know what would happened if you did use gasoline.
BTW, my only diesel is my small Kubota tractor.

Thanks for replies.

Ivan Vegvary