Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Any views on Ryobi 18v impact driver?

On 2008-04-11 20:59:39 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

Makita are medium trade at most. Hilti is the real McCoy when it comes
to on site industrial power tank like tools.

Hilti actually offers quite a broad range of tools in the U.S., some good
and some questionable. They haven't differentiated tools at different
levels which is unwise.

Questionable? Matt, you had never heard of them until I told you. They
were pretty well a one trick pony at one time with the Hilti explosive
charge gun. They were into fixings - the guns and staples. I used it
countless time. Very expensive but great and even drove nails into concrete.
They saved so much time a job could be done in less than half the time.
They had a heavy duty power drill but I never came across it. About 1990
they started on power tools seriously and kept to the same quality as the
Hilti gun.

Nonetheless, they do have some moderately good heavy duty products such as
the 36v products.

Matt, you haven't a clue!

The ultimate combi drill is the Hilti SFH 151-A. Not surprising that you
have never heard of it and prattle about just above DIY Makita as it is the
ultimate - ignorance is bliss to you.

snip Mattness