Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any views on Ryobi 18v impact driver?

Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Rod wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
snip
Look into my eyes, not around my eyes - you know you want
one.........
Yes - it was already ordered at 13:50 today (hopefully getting
delivered tomorrow).

I am hoping the price isn't just for the Makita badge...

Amazing piece of kit matey - your'e just gonna lurve it!

Let us know what you think when you've had a play with it.

Good points:

It arrived.
It arrived within 2 minutes of another parcel which was for partner
(keeps the score even :-) ).

Luck or planning? Good ploy though - I shall remember that one.

Soft case is in (almost) partner's favourite colour.

Oh good :-) Actually a very useful case though.

It charges up quickly.
It screwed a big screw into a damp, tough fence post until the head
was flush with the surface. No pilot hole. Quite amazing.

Indeed it is. The clutch mean you can screw flatpack together without
destroying the chipboard.

Bad points:

It looks like a toy!!!

Doesn't work like one though.

Now I shall have to put up that fence.... :-)

Always a downside..........

Until very recently I had been making do with a single cordless drill
(decent Bosch). But I got sick of bit changing and so had also been
using partner's Bosch Ixo 3.6 V mini-driver. This was a godsend for
its compactness (needed to get into places no other driver would
fit). But, despite being quite useful, it is rather wimpy.

Hence, when you posted about the Makita I was already eager to get
something to help. I have tried a Metabo mini driver which wasn't bad
but was expensive. I did not expect something as powerful as this.

Neither did I till I got one!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk