Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Any views on Ryobi 18v impact driver?

On 2008-04-11 00:05:36 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2008-04-10 22:47:18 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

Why not? Its the reason I view cars as being disposable.

Ultimately they are, like all things. The question is how soon.

I could buy a Lada or a BMW to go from A to B. Both achieve that
objective, but they don't do it with the same degree of speed, comfort
and longevity.

Although the Lada would be easier & cheaper to maintain.....

Possibly true. Try doing mantenance on a generic, private label
power tool, however.

It never ceases to amaze me how often I see people in places like B&Q
with a broken something or other that's conveniently just outside
warranty and asking where they can find the parts for it. Of course
its as possible for the cheap generic tool manufacturers to supply
spare parts as it is for Lada to do so. The point is that they
choose not to, and for some reason many people seem to have a
disconnect in their brain about paying a low price yet still expecting
proper service.