Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default "Thanks for yer help" (not).

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:01:40 +0100, Dave
wrote:

I was put in a similar situation about 8 years ago. At this time we had
a cast iron floor mounted boiler that I had been nursing along for about
15 years.
I went into a very good plumbing, heating company and when I got to the
front of the queue, I asked if they had one of these and waved the
piping and gas control vale in front of them, knowing that it would be
that much more recognizable as an assembly. One of the plumbers turned
round and said that I wanted such and such device. I went away very
happy and got the CH back up and running again.

Result and it can and does happen. I went into another plumbers
merchants today and as it was quite quiet I had two guys trying to
help me, including one phoning the manufacturer to see if a part was
still available. Such a contrast to yesterday's place, no
condescending comments (it could have just been 'store man whit') ..
just helpfulness ..

Before anyone comments on my abilities to work with gas, I have worked
with far more dangerous gasses than the one that comes from the North Sea.

And that's the rub isn't it Dave ... you might be much, much more
'competent' (as in ability to do the stuff safely and to code) than
most CORGI engineers but if you haven't paid yer subs to the CORGI
club ...

All the best ..

T i m