Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16894 Ignoramus16894 is offline

Default Machine sale on ebay...has to be a record!

On 2008-04-10, Rex wrote:
SteveB wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
3 years ago I sold a BIG bandsaw on eBay. The gentleman asked if I would
store it until he arranged transport from OH to CT. OK, it's not in the
way! THREE years later he has a truck ready to swing by...maybe. It
didn't bother me, the saw was out of the way but I figure this has to be
the longest lived eBay transaction. If anybody, Gunner might have similar
stories.

I had a couple of marathon transactions, but I was paid, and I didn't care
if they EVER picked it up.

Steve

I sold a brake lathe to a buyer who later turned out to be in Chile.
between the language barrier and complicated freight arrangements, it
took about 3 months to get it out the door.

I still have some stuff that one professor bought from me 1.5 years
ago. (alumina blocks)