Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
JohnW[_2_] JohnW[_2_] is offline

Default questions about fuel and generators (incl. a legal one)

Cynic, in article js4sv3lj0anbh6iu6sdg87o3ui3fhlu77l@
4ax.com, says...

Lighting is no problem with 12V (though you'll probably have to DIY if
you want LED lighting), but if you look at the output voltage of all
the "bricks" you have, ITYF that the voltages vary greatly from 5V to
24V or even higher. A 12V "brick" is one of the most common, but I'd
be surprised if as many as half of the ones you have are at that
voltage. OTOH low power 12V invertors are cheap enough that you could
buy one for each item that uses a "brick" PSU.

.... and be careful that the device can run off a 12v battery
source, which ranges from some 11v to over 14v from discharged
to charging. "12V" is actually getting quite flat (25-30%)
for lead-acid...

--
JohnW.
Replace the obvious with co.uk in 2 places to mail me.