Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Any views on Ryobi 18v impact driver?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Jeff wrote:
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 18:55:07 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Ryobi drills
They are a mediochre brand manufactured by Tecthtronics
International, a Chinese company. Ryobi is better than their
Power Devil and AEG brands but not as good as Milwaukee which they
also make.

Must be a bit of crossover in products now as we ordered a Milwaukee
core drill but it arrived as an AEG (Identical unit).
I have looked at and handled Ryobi drills. They do not feel solid
and precise and the mechanisms seem quite clunky.

Makita or Bosch would be much better choices in terms of build
quality and usability.

Makita yes and Blue Bosch definately.

I still have a 7.2v Makita drill, bought oh, must be 20 years ago now
(long slim battery that slid up inside the handle like a pistol
magazine) and it is still going strong and the original batteries
still give 1/2 an hour drilling (NiCd's). Very useful for tight
spaces.

Modern version is excellent.
http://www.toolstop.co.uk/?option=sh...FQU11AodC3tJHw

Damn you, Mr Medway!!! :-)

I had assumed that stocks would have been exhausted so gave it up as
"missed that". But no, you have to post that link and make me spend more
money.

--
Rod

onset.