Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default FS -- 22,000 artillery shells 155mm

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:09:31 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:48:38 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

They are supposed to be "demilled", which will render them militarily
useless. Basically they will be ruined mechanically (the procedure is
outlined in the auction). Then they will most likely be sold for
steel scrap and melted somewhere.

What I am wondering about, is why did the military scrap them.

They probably failed xray testing before being reloaded.

Damn....they are reusable?????

****merunning..technology is a Wonderful thing!

What? They didn't make you police up your
brass, err, steel in Nam and send it back?

Nah..they took the one piece of driving band out of my skull, and
didnt return it.

Gunner