Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Machine sale on ebay...has to be a record!

I own an electronic assembly service. We were using a lot of bar
solder in the wave solder machine several years ago. I found a seller
in New York that had a lot of brand name bar solder in large
quantities and got several batches at good prices. Then one day we got
a phone call from a police agency in the guy's home town. They asked
for copies of all Ebay sales and all email correspondence with the
seller, which I printed and faxed to them. Seems the guy was stealing
from his employer and selling on Ebay.

This has got to be extremely common, especially on small high dollar items.
Take Sandvik and Iscar inserts, for example. You can get them any day of the
week for 25 cents on the dollar. Who needs a pawn shop or a fence when
you've got eBay.

Karl