Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
ransley ransley is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.Family of 2 adults + 2 children

On Apr 9, 9:49Â*am, " wrote:
On Apr 9, 10:44Â*am, ransley wrote:

On Apr 9, 9:35Â*am, " wrote:

On Apr 9, 10:18Â*am, ransley wrote:

On Apr 8, 9:30Â*am, " wrote:

.

Here we go again the same missinformation, with 90-100f temp rise
offered you cant have a cold shower, I cant shower at over 106f but my
unit takes 35f water and heats it to 125 if I was to be wastefull.

�Mine has battery ignition and regular vent-No A.C. But I have a
generator for my home for heat.

It took me 5 hrs to install, but I guess thats "super expensive" for
you. I put in 3/4 gas but that was only 1 hr work, again easy and
cheap, my meter is original.

Tankless require no "service" but tanks are supposed to be flushed
every year.

20% of your loss is waste-up the chimney and out, of no benefit to
anyone but your gas supplier since true overall efficency is near
50-60% in " Energy Factor" proven ratings

I paid about 500$ for a Bosch 117000btu unit, I get a FOUR year
payback, I hardly see the 3-4x cost of waste, I see I am saving money

Tank, loose efficency every year due yo scale settling over the
burner, just as my last tank had over a foot of scale at the bottom,
its efficency was probably reduced 20-40%, tankless dont do that, and
its easy to pour lime away through mine. You cant do that with a tank.- Hide quoted text -

you said above

"Tankless require no "service" but tanks are supposed to be flushed
every year"

then talk of pouring lime away thru yours

"tankless dont do that, and Â*its easy to pour lime away through mine.
""

frankly draing a little bit of water out of the bottom drain valve is
way easier than taking the plumbing apart to pour in lime away, which
isnt cheap, and then flush it out somehow.

plus you always talk of 20% going up the chimney as standby loss but
refuse to supply a link to verify that

people who go tankless have spent so much money they will have to
convince themselves it was a good move........- Hide quoted text -

I have two valves I open with spigots, no taking apart anything to
flush.

Â*Look Hallerb Energy Factor is a rating, research it , it was posted
here on all tanks made I did not post it, learn to Google and attempt
to disprove me, you cant, can you. Learn then post- Hide quoted text -

you specifically said tankless require no service.......... yet you
installed service valves and must clean crud from the heat exchanger.

i buy a new tank, install and forget about it till it leaks in about
10 years, well i may wipe dust off the cover occasionally.......- Hide quoted text -

Â*I have them installed, I never flushed it, it doesnt need it yet,
with 9$ total NG bill in summer, including gas dryer and gas stove I
know its not limed up yet. BUT IT IS a fact tanks scale, and loose up
to 3 % effeciency every year to scale. It is also a fact my Ng bill is
50% more where I am now with a tank, tankless worked for me to cut my
bill.

Â*Here is something else to **** you off, tankless are rated for 30 yr
life, Tanks are not.- Hide quoted text -

show me a 30 year link, longest tankless warranty is 10 years.........

show me a link to 3% a year to scale buildup..........

the last link you posted in my response to your claim 20% went up
chimney said 13 % up chimney.

so more links please to prove you dont know whats up

DOES YOUR TANKLESS HAVE A PILOT LIGHT???????- Hide quoted text -

You are a freakin moron--- learn to Google it might help your ignorance