Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Any views on Ryobi 18v impact driver?

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:42:36 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I remember reading that the first DIY electric drills from Black & Decker
and Stanley Bidges had a motor life of an hour.

Pah - you youngun! My dad's first power drill was a ¼" Bridges -
before any connection with this 'Stanley' outfit. He had sanding disks
(rigid and flexible), polishing mops, a drill stand and a saw table as
accessories.

I burnt it out using a holesaw of about 2" through a bit of (ISTR) ¾"
chipboard, ages ago, fortunately when Dad was away at sea!

I.m talking some 35-40 years ago...

--
Frank Erskine
Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.