Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.Family of 2 adults + 2 children

On Apr 9, 5:59 pm, wrote:

No, it's not clear at all to me that is the case. Because contrary
to your claim, in my experience most water heaters I've seen, from NJ
through New England are NOT in conditioned spaces. Most are in an
unfinished basement. That's where mine is. Some others are in
garages. I would say only a minority are in conditioned living
spaces.

And even if it's in conditioned space, it most assuredly is not where
you want it nor when you want it.