Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.

On 2008-04-09, wrote:

Also, am I the only one that thinks it odd that if a tankless has a
pilot light it would negate the entire energy savings compared to a
regular water heater? The regular water heater has a pilot light
too and I would think the overall impact of a pilot light might be a
couple %.

The pilot light on a tank, though, heats the tank water, so it isn't
waste. While on a tankless, it is pretty much a waste. Anyway, it's
pretty moot, as pilot light tankless is fairly old technology, just
like non-modulating tankless.

Cheers, Wayne