Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default "Thanks for yer help" (not).

Hi Tim,

I'd agree that it's cheaper, and you're more likely to get good
advice, by asking questions in here and then ordering what you want
from Screwfix. Given the low prices in Screwfix, Toolstation and the
like for both trade and "the public" (incidentally, why any business
should make that distinction in its pricing is beyond me), I would
have thought that the only long-term, stay-in-business strategy for
building and plumbers' merchants is to give out very good, friendly
advice, for which most people would happily pay a premium. If they
want to be arsey as well as expensive good riddance to them, I've got
a special relationship with the lady on the Screwfix switchboard!

Cheers!

Martin