Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default broken tap

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:02:59 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Steve W. writes:

Just wander into any grocery store and buy as much Alum as you want. It
is used in pickling and beer making as well as for metalworking!!!!

What wondrous place is this you live, that commonly has such yesteryear
supplies? The local Publix would get cross-eyed if you asked for pickling
or brewing ingredients.

Brewers stuff is mostly in specialty stores in my part of the world.
[but there are probably 5-6 within 20 miles]

Walmart carries a complete batch of canning/pickling supplies- and
most large grocers do pretty well in season.

I'm near Albany, NY. Publix looks like a southeast US chain-- and
no canning supplies? [are you in a city or in the suburbs?]

Jim