Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Confirming simple wiring task

"Mamba" wrote in message
news:jpGdnaXojalUZWbanZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@integraonlin e...
Redid a small wiring chore at a cabin last weekend, and have been thinking
about the way I did it, wondering if a real electrician would have done it
differently (besides in 1/10 the time).

Have a 14/2 running to a double box in a wall. Installed two single pole
switches in the box as follows. Not sure if Line and Load are the correct
terms when talking switches, but you get my drift:

Black off hot line in was ponytailed to two jumpers, one each to Line on
switches. Load off switches to black on 14/2 leading to two ceiling
lights.
Neutral off hot line in was tied to neutrals in the 14/2's leading to the
lights.
Ground off hot line in tied to grounds in the 14/2's leading to the
lights.

Is there an alternate way to treat the neutrals in this case?

You did it fine. The only other way would be to run a 14/3 from the switches
to one light,and a 14/2 from the first light to the second. The neutrals are
always tied together as you did