Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home. Family of 2 adults + 2 children

said something like:
On Apr 8, 7:27?am, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote:
mike said something like:

On Apr 7, 12:34 pm, "Bill" wrote:

...[snip]...

When tankless salesmen feel the need to trot out BS like that, it
makes me distrust any further "data" they want to push.- Hide
quoted text -

You're the one who thought that standard water heaters run
continuously and that tankless are 80% more efficient than tanks!
SNORT.

Maybe you should listen to someone besides your tankless salesman:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn.../02/08/ST20080...

But if you want spend dollars to chase pennies, more power to ya.

I think Bill was actually agreeing with that article, but that
article pretty much sells me on the tanks. ?Anyone here debunk that
article at all?

whats to debunk the savings will take longer than the life of the
heater......

please explain how this is a advantage?

I don't believe it is an advantage. Are you asking for me to explain? I
need not---I agree with the article.

You may have misread both Bill and I.