Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default 40 gal just not enough: Replacing water heater for 2400 sq home.Family of 2 adults + 2 children

On Apr 8, 10:37 am, "S. Barker" wrote:
BUT, can you get 140 - 160 degree water out of it?

I thought not. It doesn't matter if the junk mf's are FREE to run if you
can't get what you need out of them.

The Bosch units can be dialed up to 140 degrees. I realize that you
get more water at a given temperature when you start with hotter water
and mix in cold, but what do you need 160 degree water for?
Considering that most of the time you'll mix it down to 120 degrees
and the anti-scald showers won't let you go anywhere near 160, what's
the point of heating water just to cool it down? If your system is
undersized for the amount of hot water you need, cranking up the water
temperature is a backwards way of adjusting it.