Upscale

Default tablesaws

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
digy.com...
Only one factor is left to work with and that's left or
right handedness.

Not a factor at all IMO. I'm left handed and have no trouble using any of
the tools in a right handed world. Having learned to do some thing because
that is the way they are made, I'd be uncomfortable doing the opposite. I
use my right hand to push when ripping a board. Only time I always use

my
left hand is writing and hold my other tool when taking a leak.

So you rip a board and tilt or adjust the saw blade height at the same time?
I know that's not what you meant, but it's what you're saying. Sure left or
right handed people can be trained to do any action, but without additional
information, it makes sense for someone to go the route that is most
comfortable to start with. Maybe you don't agree, but I suspect you can't
give much of an argument to the contrary. As far as bevel cutting or groove
cutting goes, I also suspect the most important thing on the mind of someone
new to a tablesaw is the cutting of straight square boards. Bevel cuts or
dados come later with practical experience, at least to my mind anyway.