Posted to alt.home.repair
Mook Johnson Mook Johnson is offline

Default Cutting Concrete crub to allow yard to drain

The water that flows throung the grass? Assuming you made a typo. If
the water flows over
the curb, that is how it is supposed to go. I can't quite feature
pressure washing a curb several
times a year......perhaps it is a sign that your fertilizer is washing
away too quickly. Possibly a
slow-release nitrogen fertilizer, would fix your "slime" problem. If the
slime is just mold/mildew,
a watering can with bleach and water would probably help.

The SLIME is the stagnent water that dribbles over the curb after the fast
runoff has ended (after a rain storm).

Unfortunately my yard is in a lower spot in the subdivision so it is the
last to dry out. Also the drain for the cul-d-sac is right in front of my
house. There is a high spot on front of the drain the prevents the lase
1/8" of water for drianing into it is it stays there a dries out. While Im'
cutting I'd like to cut a trench through the high spot so it all drains of.

Looks like I'll meed a permit or a professional.