Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Finish on PVC pipe/conduit

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:45:42 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
spaco quickly quoth:

I recently saw them making plastic screwdriver handles on "How its
Made". After machining, they just dipped (submerged) the parts in
"solvent" to make the parts shiny. This provided the micro-melting
needed to blend machining marks, I guess.

Right, so just take your 20' sections of pvc pipe up your 48' ladder
and dip them in a solvent-filled 21' pipe and hang from your 55' high
shop trusses while they dry. Piece of cake, duck soup, spaco.

I'd suggest spraying with lacquer or shellac, both of which are
extremely thin and quick drying, but'll gloss things up in a hurry.

--
Save the whales! Trade them for valuable prizes.