Posted to rec.woodworking

Default THIS NG IS RUINED. HERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE

On Apr 7, 3:18 pm, Robatoy wrote:

One thing I do not do...and that is to miss much. I play the UseNet
thing like a fiddle.
I know where I am, what I do, and who sees what it is I say.

Not difficult.

I have to admit, you seem to find an endless amount of fully committed
guppies that you hook with your political statements. Personally, I
get a snicker out of some of them as I am not really just how feel
about what you post in a rather ambiguous style, or if you just like
stirring things up a bit. Sadly, political stuff far outweighs

I remember the days, though when one could simply post:

"I really like Home Depot"

"Did you see Norm stain that cherry?"

"Anybody catch what Scott Phillips said about XXX?

"Younger guys are sure stoopid and lazy, not like MY generation" (and
as a sidebar, why all the obsession with boys with zits with the guys
here? That is almost always attached to the Home Depot comment - your
kids never had zits? You never had zits? What does skin rash
measure? Didn't your mothers teach you better than that?)

There are some in recent memory.

But now, all one has to do is post " I like this guy because XXX, or I
hate this guy because XXX" and it will get the most detailed responses
imaginable.

Laws are quoted, sources notated, empirical conclusions (by the author
of course) are cited, historical contexts are put forth, and on an
on. Mostly they are "I am right and screw you", thinly veiled. Not
one mind is ever changed.

Hey, but it is what it is.

I have said this a dozen times, and for old Fog it might just be the
ticket. When you want something out of this group, don't participate,
don't drop by to let everyone know how much you think it sucks, don't
share your insights on what is wrong. Pretty sure everyone here has
noticed what you have.

Just search the archives for your answers. Bet they are there
already.

Me? I'm checking the time on my $175 Audemars Piaget,
and its time to put on my $30 Nikes and go to the baseball game!

Robert