Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon[_4_] Jon[_4_] is offline

Default remove tractor tire fluid

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
In article s.com,
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

The rear tire on my 8N just split open from old age. It has fluid in it.
want to find a way to remove the fluid and save it. needs to come out of
the
valve stem. How?

Then I can just buy a cheap tire and put it on myself.

With a pump. Which is most easily obtained by having a the tractor-tire
changing ruck which is equipped with a pump, etc. come and do it. CaCl2
is highly corrosive, so the pump won't live long unless it's all
plastic, or otherwise resistant. Frugal might actually lean towards
having the well-equipped guy do it once every 20 years or so as needed,
cheap will require cobbling something up - perhaps a hose (with tire
valve fittings on each end) and an empty inner tube on the ground, with
the wheel jacked up so it can flow out by gravity...?

--
Cats, coffee, chocolate...vices to live b

1- Bucket under tire

2- Drill hole

--Just a thought

I hoard peristaltic pumps because you never know what you might need to
pump.