Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry Sjouke Burry is offline

Default Light bulb power saver (and now the rest of the story)

clifto wrote:
Sam Goldwasser wrote:
The more important point is that outdoor fixtures are exactly the place
where CFLs should be used - they may be on for a large precentage of the
day and the color isn't that critical. If there isn't an issue of cold
temperatures, then CFLs are ideal since the savings due to increased
efficiency will be significant.

My Feit Electric outdoor CFLs did fine this winter in -10F weather.

I find it inconvenient that i have to wait for 5 minutes
to get some light, when I go outside(-10 celcius).
And even then I dont think that it came full on after that time.
So I replaced it with a TL armament, at least that turns on
after one or two seconds.
And no, I dont want to leave them on all the time, thats pure waste.