Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default can anyone tell me what this thing is really really used for?

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 22:34:27 GMT, "Carl Byrns"
wrote:

"William Noble" wrote in message
I made my best guess, and listed it on ebay, but maybe one of you folks
knows if I guessed right or if it is really something else - thanks:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300214104853

--
bill

Just what you said: to balance wheel/tire assemblies. Before spin
balancers,
this was an accepted method of statically balancing a wheel.

-Carl

Arnt there some adapter rings missing though?

Gunner

I don't think so - the bottom cone is fixed in place, the top cone slides on
the 1/2 inch shaft - so it ought to hold whatever wheels it was designed to
hold - I don't think you could put a car wheel on it (well, maybe a very
teeny tiny car wheel....) and if there were adapters, I don't have them
anyway.

Anyone recognize the company? G&N Product Devleopment? they existed
recently enough to have a phone number with an area code and an address with
a zip code, but I can't find anything out about them