Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Cutting Concrete crub to allow yard to drain

"Mook Johnson" wrote in message
My front yard like other is sloped towards the street. The water that
flows through the gradd flows over the in certain areas as deposits a dark
slimy film on the concrete. It is a PITA to presure wash several times a
year. I'd like to make some 1" wide openings in the curb that will allow
the water to flow through directly to the street.

Is there something I can Rent fomr HD or Lowes that would do this job
cleanly. There are other homes in my neighborhood with a similar opening
in the curb (actually 3 - 4" wide) with a PVC drain pipe installed for
this very purpose so I assume its OK of me to do as well.

thanks.

Only one other thing and this is going to sound pretty stupid. If at all
possible run an extension cord and set up a fan to blow the dust away from
you and the saw. That's it. Sounds dumb, looks worse but my lungss and my
saw are thankful.