Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well Improvement?

On Apr 6, 8:04�am, wrote:
Hello, I have a residence with a deep water well. This well is
exactly
200' deep and water is at around the 175' level. The pump is located
about 4' off of the bottom with approximately 20' of water above it.
The well is 12" inside diameter steel cased. I checked with the
county
and they do not have any record of the well so it is probably 40
years
old or more. This well produces anywhere from 1 gpm to 7 gpm and the
rate does not seem to matter if we are having a wet or dry season. I
am curious if there is any consensus from people on this newsgroup if
I should try to improve this well or have another one put in.
Currently, the production is adequate, but just barely. The well is
located in the hills in central California. Thanks for suggestions.

theres not much you can do to improve a current well beyond replacing
the pump.

its better to drill a new well than screw around with the old one/

with a 200 foot deep well and water at 175 feet i would do that soon,
since its only producing 7 GPM most new well minimum is 40 to 50 GPM

400 or 500 feet should do it, keep your old well intact for washing
cars and watering plants etc.

you can use it for that and know with your new well much deeper those
activites wouldnt ever run you out of water