Scott Brownell

Default tablesaws

Mike in Mystic wrote:

I think you'll be thrilled with it, Jack.

As I said before, the only really good reason to get a left-tilt is if you
plan to do a lot of large panel beveling. I honestly don't think this will
describe very many woodworkers, but, as always, I wouldn't be surprised to
find out I'm wrong. But, if you asked yourself the question "which features
are more important to me?", then you should be very happy with your choice.
That's what I did and a right-tilt was the clear choice. I'm extremely
happy I bought it.

Mike

Mike,

I had a right-tilt 9" Rockwell many years ago, something never felt
right with it even though for what I was asking it did just fine, I gave
it to my dad about 20 years ago and it's still running. Since then every
saw I've purchased (3), including my jobsite saw, has been a left-tilt.
This deal about having to deal with a dado blade is a wash, it's a piece
of cake to handle and shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Personally,
I like to know that I can make all of the cuts I want with my fence on
the right of the blade. A left-hander might feel differently..and that
is when I, if I was in that situation, would make the decision to
reverse the mounting of the fence to get the same features.

JMHO,
Scott
up later, the damage remains.