Posted to alt.home.repair
Astriapo Astriapo is offline

Default Dryer moister problem.

In the apartment building where I work, we have stackable
washer/dryers installed. The dryers are gas. We have had the duct
cleaned out several times in the last few weeks to be "sure" that they
are not clogged. The problem is that the tenant (same tenant)
complains that there is moister inside her dryer, or on the outside
door of the dryer. We cannot find any reason for this. The vent
pipes are 4" pipe that gang into a 6" pipe farther down the line. We
had been told that that was our problem, but it has been hooked up the
same for twenty years without a problem. It is occurring in two
buildings (separate tenants, of course). We only use Whirlpool
appliances and are completely at a loss.

I was wondering if you had ever heard of such a problem?

In one of the apartments, we switched out he washer/dryer unit, but
they still call with the same problem. I personally haven't seen the
water that has formed, because when we get there it is dry. We can't
duplicated the problem, thus, cannot fix it. It seems to happen once
every three weeks.

I had read that it could be a by-product of the gas, but it is only
happening in 1 unit out of 6 and the gas is run in the same pipes for
all the units, so wouldn't they all show this problem if it is the
gas?

We've checked the units several times. We had a Whirlpool repair
person check it and everything is working correctly.

Could it be just a tenant with a loose canon?

argh. Thanks for reading.