Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Roofing Question

On Apr 5, 11:26 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 5, 10:54 pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 5, 10:35 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What's interesting - and somewhat disturbing - is that he assumes it
is 1/2" without checking.

He just did a neighbor's house the other day and I saw the delivery
guy piling up a bunch of 1/2" sheets of ply.

What if I don't know it's 3/4' and he shows up with a bunch of 1/2"
ply? Is it safe to assume he'd send a truck for 3/4"? (That's not a
question looking for an answer...it's just a curiousity.)

I'm not going to let it be a problem cause every estimate from now on
will include 3/4" - and I will be checking with my neighbor to see if
the guy checked his house first.

You're only wasting your time and setting yourself up for a problem if
you don't impart all information you have to everyone you've chosen to
bid. There's really no point in either party making assumptions as
they rarely work out well.

I've seen engineer friends shoot themselves in the foot by overdoing
it and handing out six page sets of specifications for a simple
reroof, but there's a happy medium and you just have ot hit the high
points to keep the bids comparable.

I'm assuming this is a just general informationand not directed at me.

You plural.