Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Splicing Romex

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:46:11 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

"old work" box with a blank plate.
http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/e...oldworkbox.htm

It is the second part that is confusing me. How can I make the junction
box
accessible when I just need to lengthen the wire by about a foot in the
ceiling of a finished area? It wouldn't be a big deal to remove the
light
fixture, but "accessible" to me means the box is visible or in some
access
door.

The box is flush with the ceiling.

I've used Carlon boxes before in walls. So you're saying I need to put a
box in the ceiling with a cover? Man, that would be ugly.

If THAT is ugly, A/C vents are much more so. I find I hardly ever
notice mine.

Would it help to mount a smoke alarm over that box?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"