BillR

Default Draining a closed central heating system

Mike Harrison wrote:
On 02 Oct 2003 16:29:55 GMT, (Jay and mike 1)
wrote:

I have a Vaillant TCW Sine T3W combi-boiler connected to a closed
heating system. I have removed the radiator at the end of the system
in order to reposition it.
I am trying to drain the system via a stop valve which is located
below the boiler (the boiler is housed in an upstairs room) but no
water is coming from the valve when it is opened.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can drain the system?
Many thanks

Open the air bleed plug on the highest rad in the system, so some air
can get in.

If that produces no flow it could be that the drain valve isn't actually
opening ...