Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Splicing Romex

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I need to lengthen some old wiring in order to make all the wires of a
3-way switch come together in a recessed lighting box that I am installing
in a first floor ceiling (no insulation).

In doing some web research, I see that splices can be done, but they must
be done in a junction box, and must be accessible.

It is the second part that is confusing me. How can I make the junction
box accessible when I just need to lengthen the wire by about a foot in
the ceiling of a finished area? It wouldn't be a big deal to remove the
light fixture, but "accessible" to me means the box is visible or in some
access door.

Thanks.

My attic has 3 junction boxes that are not accessible from below. Check your
local code anyway (by calling the building inspector).