Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Tom is offline

Default Very interesting homemade trailer

Al Patrick wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:23:06 -0500, Ignoramus20845
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/UTILITY-TRAILER_...QQcmdZViewItem

Very smart concept.

"Bill of sale only" - my translation WARNING: He doesn't have a
title slip, and may not have clear title. Do a little Caveat Emptor
and find out for sure before spending money...
Other than that, a drop bed trailer. I've seen them done better,
and with less risky drop suspension designs.

-- Bruce --

Seems it would be very hard on the hydraulics as well. O-rings probably
really take a beating! Wonder how often the hydraulics have to be
rebuilt....

In NC they usually stamp the serial number on the axle. What axle . . .
In this case? Don't know where the Ser.# would go.

Can you imagine going down the highway at 70 mph, hitting a bump and
rupturing an "O" ring?

If you had a good look at the pix you would see that there is a swing
down stop on both sides that takes the load off the hydraulics in the
travel height position.

Tom