Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Freddie[_2_] Freddie[_2_] is offline

Default How to bend 1/4" steel strip

On Apr 5, 12:15 am, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
Freddie,
Bending this plate is very easy with a brake or even a large vice or
hydraulic press. All of which are common garage tools. What you're telling
this audience is that you are dangerous to yourself and others. please
acquire and use the correct tools for the job. Stupidity has a way of
purging the gene pool.
Steve

I have a big vice, but it's mounted on my workbench and I won't be
able to use the car jack to bend it. Will this easy to bend if I put
the strip in the vice, add an extension to the metal strip and just
muscle it? I haven't gotten the metal yet so I'm not sure how
difficult this piece will be to bend.