Eric Scantlebury

Default Changing the blade on the Dewalt 703

"Thomas Mitchell" wrote in message
Chopmaster blade arrived (see other post for my opinion). Wanted to try
it. Murphy stole the manual. Couldn't find the manual on the dewalt
website to download.

Does anyone know if Dewalt really expects the user to take the blade
shield off the saw when they want to change the blade?

I have that saw. I've only changed the blade out once and didn't have to
take of the guard. The guard needs to be held all the way back as I recall.
There is a procedure outlined in the manual - but since I'm at work I cannot
for the life of me remember the actual procedure. But I do remember that I
did not have to take anything off the saw.