Thomas Mitchell

Default Changing the blade on the Dewalt 703

I swear I tried that same thing, but the guard didn't act like it would
slide. There was a backet holding the guard onto the housing. Maybe some
trick to lowering the guard and then sliding back. From the design it
looks like something like that was intended.

I don't want to ruin this chopmaster blade so I'm taking it off when I
don't know what I'm going to be cutting.

Blue wrote:
Don't know about the DW but on my Bosch I have to loosen the bolts for the
guard and move the guard to the rear to access the arbor nut. It is a PITA
but then I don't remove/change the blade very often unless I am doing a lot
of cutting on something that builds up a lot of pitch.

"Thomas Mitchell" wrote in message

Chopmaster blade arrived (see other post for my opinion). Wanted to try
it. Murphy stole the manual. Couldn't find the manual on the dewalt
website to download.

Does anyone know if Dewalt really expects the user to take the blade
shield off the saw when they want to change the blade? That's the only
way I was able to get the bolt out and get the blade off. Not that it's
a terrible or lengthy process. It just looks like the shield shouldn't
have to be taken off. I'd like to change blades FREQUENTLY to keep the
chopmaster in good condition. At some point removing the shield is going
to start gettting annoying.

Thomas

Tomeshew

Thomas wrote:Does anyone know if Dewalt really expects the user to take the
blade
shield off the saw when they want to change the blade? That's the only
way I was able to get the bolt out and get the blade off.

Is the screw holding the cover plate situated in a FORKED flange? My old DeWalt
CMS just needs a loosening and sliding of the forked attachment. Granted,
that's too much work to do, also. Tom
Eric Scantlebury

"Thomas Mitchell" wrote in message
Chopmaster blade arrived (see other post for my opinion). Wanted to try
it. Murphy stole the manual. Couldn't find the manual on the dewalt
website to download.

Does anyone know if Dewalt really expects the user to take the blade
shield off the saw when they want to change the blade?

I have that saw. I've only changed the blade out once and didn't have to
take of the guard. The guard needs to be held all the way back as I recall.
There is a procedure outlined in the manual - but since I'm at work I cannot
for the life of me remember the actual procedure. But I do remember that I
did not have to take anything off the saw.