Posted to alt.home.repair

Default simple, but stupid

"finding z0" wrote in message
New kitchen, new sink. the strainer will stop water draining, but to
allow water out, you have to lift it up and instead of the water
draing thru the 'strainer' holes, it goes around the edges, defeating
the purpose of the strainer.

If the opening around hte edges is the same or smaller than the strainer, it
will still do the same job of preventing solids too large to pass.

Considering how difficult it has
been to dealo with Home Depot (as contractor) throughout this process,
I shudder to ask them.

Now you know why most of us here recommend NOT going to Home Depot.

I guess I need a strainer with a longer stem?

I'd like a longer stem too.