Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Blow in Cellulose

No vapor barrier required with cellulose in most climates.

"marson" wrote in message
On Apr 5, 5:33 am, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
I have a section of lower-level ceiling behind drywall next to the rim
joist that is cold. I'd like to insulate it. I remember reading in this
newsgroup that someone took a leaf blower and blew cellulose with some
success.

Has anyone done that with good results? I don't want to hire a company
for
such a small job.

Not knocking cellulose, but you are likely to get condensation next to
a rim joist, unless you can install a vapor barrier. I'd recommend
cutting rigid foam to fit and using a foam gun to get a good seal
between the foam and the wood.