Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing round eve vents

On Apr 5, 10:17*am, willshak wrote:
on 4/5/2008 10:30 AM BillGill said the following:

I am thinking of improving the air circulation in my attic by
installing some
of the round eve vents. *I can figure out how to install them, drill a
hole the
right size and push them in,but how do I make them stay there? *My
experience
with things I just push in is not very great. *They have a tendency to
fall
out.

The ones I looked at at Lowes are just round plugs, with nothing to hold
them in except friction. *Do they make any that have something to hold
them?

Thanks
Bill Gill

What type of eaves do you have? Are there soffits under the eves, or is
the facia right against the house?
If you have soffits, is there any reason not to use the rectangular
ones? They have more vent area and have pre-drilled holes in the flanges
to screw them in.

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

If they don't have any retaining ridges around the sides, I'd probably
find some that do. Alternatively, a dab of caulk before it's
inserted would work.

I'd also consider using other methods. With a small battery powered
circular type saw, you could quickly make two runs down the whole
side, open up a couple inch wide channel and insert that type vent.