Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default Very interesting homemade trailer

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:23:06 -0500, Ignoramus20845
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/UTILITY-TRAILER_...QQcmdZViewItem

Very smart concept.

"Bill of sale only" - my translation WARNING: He doesn't have a
title slip, and may not have clear title. Do a little Caveat Emptor
and find out for sure before spending money...

Other than that, a drop bed trailer. I've seen them done better,
and with less risky drop suspension designs.

-- Bruce --

Seems it would be very hard on the hydraulics as well. O-rings probably really take a beating! Wonder how often the hydraulics have to be rebuilt....

In NC they usually stamp the serial number on the axle. What axle . . . In this case? Don't know where the Ser.# would go.

Can you imagine going down the highway at 70 mph, hitting a bump and rupturing an "O" ring?

A few months back I was going down I-85 and saw an 18-wheeler dragging his lift gate. He pulled over and a couple hours later I came back by. A DOT vehicle was there. To help? To inspect the vehicle? Who knows! Hydraulics do go out, thankfully the "let down" is not always instantaneous.